[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2236: Enhancements to forum interface would be welcomed

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 07:06:59 PST 2007

The bugs search page "more info" link says "When searching the article,
bug, and links pages, you can create complex search queries using a few
simple logical operators." It would be good if this applied to the forum
search also. I've found it rather difficult to look things up without also
getting a lot of collateral hits.

A choice to display more than 10 article Subject lines at once would be an
improvement.

When I've done a search, I'd like then to read the thread of which it was
part; the "sort messages by thread" can help, but are the other articles
in the thread necessarily all in the search results?

When I've not read the forums for a while - as now - when I come in I get
the message e.g. "800 articles unread". It would be good if I there was a
simple comtrol to skip the unread articles. What I do now is to tinker
with the URL, but the http://www.cups.org/newsgroups.php?gcups.general+T
stuff isn't particularly easy to manipulate.

John A. Murdie

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2236
Version:  -feature