How should backends handle multi-file jobs?

Jeremy Parrish jeremyp at rrish.org
Fri Feb 16 11:32:40 PST 2007

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I could not find a definitive answer in my searching.

How are backends supposed to deal with milti-file jobs? It appears that if a job has more than one file, the data file is named with a "-001", "-002", etc. suffix (i.e. d000001-001 instead of just d000001). It appears that the backend only gets "invoked" for the "-001" file. So, I'm guessing that it is the backend's job to look for the "-002" etc. files on its own... Is this correct, or is something wrong here?

Thanks,

Jeremy