[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2193: A bash library for parsing template files

Opher Shachar ophers at ladpc.co.il
Tue Jan 23 04:40:04 PST 2007

Hi Michael,
The main effort to make it POSIX shell script compliant will be with
rewriting the regular expression manipulation with sed or awk. The latter
I don't know, the former could carry a performance penalty.
This script could be ported to perl (I imagine it souldn't be hard) but,
again I don't know Perl.

On the horizon I intend (in a couple of months) to extend the Java
libraries, under the scripting subdirectory, to be as complete as the C
API. I'll be porting this BASH script to Java.

Regards,
Opher Shachar.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2193
Version:  -feature