[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2227: Select bordered area for print label - Zebra LP2844 printer

Tom Watson tsw at johana.com
Wed Jan 31 05:22:34 PST 2007

The US postal service (USPS.COM) has a function to print labels for various
service.  Wonderful.  The problem is that the printout is oriented towards
US Letter paper.  I have a label printer (Zebra LP 2844, like FexEx gives
to people) that has labels about 4.5x6.5 inches.  The form that the USPS
prints out has a nice black bordered area that fits nicely on this size
label.  What would be nice is an option that would take the bitmap of the
US Letter page and search for the bordered area and use that to print to
the label printer.  That way the USPS doesn't need to change anything, and
I can use the origianl US Letter form as backup.  I suspect that other
package services have the same type of label.  Note that copies don't work
too well, as these contain bar codes.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2227
Version:  -feature