BUG 1933 fixed in version 1.3, but not in 1.2

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Jul 12 08:36:28 PDT 2007

Waltraut Niepraschk wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I'm running cups version 1.1.22 on our production server. I wanted to
> upgrade to 1.2, but because of the bug STR#1933
>   "Printing of banner before Raw job, prevents job from printing"
> I ran in a lot of problems. I checked a lot, but no printing in raw mode
> with banner page.
> samba jobs (option raw) could not print any longer. I changed the option
> in smb.conf and the printing works again. But some remote user can't also
> print anylonger.

You can always find a way around that issue for "some remote users".
Depending on what exactly these users need, what drivers they use,
what environment they're in, etc.

> So I changed back to the old version.
>
> My question: Can you give me a patch for the version 1.2.11?
> Than I could take the Fedora Core rpm and could fix the problem.

I've seen a patch somewhere; I *think* it's attached to the discussion
threat on the #1933 STR page.

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS