CUPS install

John Winward john at mrpsystems.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 11:45:09 PDT 2007

Hello

Might sound a strange question, but I have never upgraded a version of CUPS that is already running on a Linux box.

I have 2 platforms

Red Hat 9.0
Red Hat Enterprise ES4.0

If download the BINARY for 1.2.11 (the .tar.gz) one, and then run a

rpmbuild -ta

I get error messages at the end.

I have tried using the --without dbus, and this doesnt appear to remove the errors at the end. If i try it with --without php, it seems not to complain. In both cases, both my Linux Servers are FULL INSTALLS.

After that has completed, do I then need to run the RPM for install?

I went to the /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 folder and I can see many rpm files relating to CUPS.

However, if I run any of these I just the error message

error: Failed dependencies:
cups-libs = 1:1.2.11 is needed by cups-1.2.11-1.i386

John