[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2446: OutputOrder -> Reverse has noeffect w/ Gutenprint & Epson SC660

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Mon Jul 16 10:02:41 PDT 2007

Michael Sweet wrote:
> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> The issue is that the PS file you are giving CUPS doesn't have the
> necessary information (and contains errors such as extremely long lines)
> for CUPS to be able to filter it properly.
>
> So, basically there is nothing we can do with this file - the PostScript
> filter is just falling back to "compatibility" mode which does not allow
> for page reordering or selection (ranges).
>
> Sorry.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2446
> Version: 1.2.7
> Fix Version: Will Not Fix

Could it be that the 1.2 version(s) of the pstops filter are too
picky about DSC compliance? The header, pologue, and setup sections
are clearly identifiable, ant the pages correctly marked.

The alternate pstops filter successfully handles reverse output order.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung