[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2452: Mapping usernames via external code

Jon Peatfield jp107 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 11:29:47 PDT 2007

We have a cups server which accepts requests from untrustworthy machines so
for logging etc purposes we want to map the username request to a user who
is registered (elsewhere) for that host.

We have been using a small locally written patch to do this in cups-1.1
(in use for several years) and I just updated it to apply on 1.2 (for use
with RHEL5) -- well it compiles anyway.

It might possibly be of some use to others who have similar needs.  I just
checked and the patch for 1.2.4 seems to apply to cups-1.3svn-r6605 with
only a small amount of fuzz...

Is there any interest in adding this (or something like it) in 1.3?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2452
Version:  -feature