[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2452: Mapping usernames via external code

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Jul 19 12:28:46 PDT 2007

I added similar facility to PyKota to accomodate for guest or anonymous
logins on the client hosts, while still wanting print accounting take into
account the real username.

If such a feature could be included in CUPS, AND IF this feature was
powerful enough (no limit wrt permissions, availability of the print job's
information through environment variables, in particular the
job-originating-host-name, and son on), then I'm 100% behind your
proposal.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2452
Version:  -feature