Cups 1.2.12 and update_prebinding errors

Michael Ring michael-ring at t-online.de
Thu Jul 26 00:51:05 PDT 2007

Thank you for your answer. I should have added that the failure of update_prebinding has consequences. The (braindead) copy-protection of DxO Optics Pro relies on update_prebinding to finish without error. Now I can't start DxO anymore. The copy-protection product they are using is called "PACE Copy Protection".

Is it possible to exclude the libraries from prebinding? The Messages from the debug output seem to indicate that this is possible but I did not find that 'magic' environment variable that needs to be set. I will patch the makefile as you proposed, perhaps after some experiments I will find an empty memory area for the cups-libs.

Michael