[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2458: Move backend exit status report to 'LogLevel info' (even if successful)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jul 26 11:37:38 PDT 2007

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

OK, regarding logging successful completion of processes, we can do that
but you'll see every filter's successful completion, too.

However, since in 1.3 we actually prefix every job-related message with
the job ID (previous releases only tagged messages from filters and
backends with the ID), I'm thinking instead that a "[Job NNN] Completed
successfully." message is probably clearer and more useful. Similarly, if
a job is stopped because a filter failed, we say that, too.

I also changed the "adding file of type foo/bar" to an info message with
the job ID prefix.

I'm not changing the argument list to INFO mainly because it will be too
much information, especially on Mac OS X where you can have hundreds of
options passed on the command-line for a simple job.

Anyways, the updated logging is now part of 1.3.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2458
Version: 1.3-feature
Fix Version: 1.3-current (r6734)