Can't create new printers on my new CUPS servers

doriane salem doriane.salem at pwr.utc.com
Wed Jun 6 15:59:54 PDT 2007

> doriane salem wrote:
> > OS - Solaris 8
> > CUPS - 1.2.11
>
> Hmm, are you sure the Sun copy of CUPS is not still installed?
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

I followed the instructions that were sent.

Step 1 - Backup ESP Printp Pro Configuration files.
         tar cvf /var/tmp/backup.tar /etc/cups

Step 2 - Remove the ESP PrintPro Software
         for file in /etc/software/printpro*.remove; do $file now; done

Step 3 - Install the CUPS Companion CD Software
         /cdrom/cups-1.2.11/install.sh

Am I supposed to do more than the instructions?