[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2424: cups doesn't provide enough support for remote LPD queues

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Tue Jun 26 06:31:17 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 08:03:07AM -0400, Michael Sweet wrote:

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> Since the LPD protocol does not provide a way to track print jobs reliably,
> there is no way for us to fix this issue. If you need reliable remote
> printing, you must use IPP...

LPRng can do it just fine using LPD. Why can't CUPS?

> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2424
> Version: 1.2.10
> Fix Version: Will Not Fix

And what's with this bugtracker of yours? I can't reopen the bug
nor reply to your comment using the web interface.

Regards,
R.

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling