[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2286: lpr crashed with SIGSEGV after blacklisting WLAN kernel modules

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sat Mar 10 13:04:26 PST 2007

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

According to the stack trace, the crash is happening when sprintf() is
getting called (or at least that is the code on line 1066 of the official
CUPS code), but the value being formatted fits in the buffer.

I suspect this is a bug specific to Ubuntu/Debian.  Since CUPS provides no
way to "blacklist" a driver, and since we don't use Ubuntu here, there is
no way for us to track down this problem (nor do we provide support on the
Bugs & Features page).

If you can determine a specific bug in the original CUPS sources, please
file a new report.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2286
Version: 1.2-current
Fix Version: Will Not Fix