[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2289: Dlink Print Server 301p+ reports success but doesnt print

Michael errr.errr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 03:18:34 PDT 2007

We have been using the Dlink dp301's here for at least a year with version
1.1.23 of cups. We recently upgraded our server from redhat 7.3 to a
FreeBSD 6.0 server, and that gave us cups 1.2.7. What is happening now is
that if you send 3 jobs to the printer you *might* get 2 of them printed,
and some times you *might* get all 3; but the logs and status report all 3
to have completed. We tried to replace the print server with 2 other brand
new ones but the same thing happens. Next we used another server we had
thats running Fedora Core 6 and installed cups-1.2.7-1.8.fc6 which was the
most current version in the software repos for it. The same problem
happened... We dont get any errors we just dont get all the jobs printed
that we sent it (even though cups reports them all to have completed). I
setup another older FreeBSD server running FreeBSD 5.4 and it has cups
1.1.23 on it and every time we send a job using that version of cups the
job prints with out a hitch.