Signal handling and error_log messages

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Mar 14 10:26:08 PDT 2007

Bill Marr wrote:
> Anyway, if anyone can give me some clues or tips, I would really
> appreciate it, and perhaps if my problem is not relevant to
> developing CUPS filters, but rather to my lack of experience with
> GNU/Linux C programming in general, please provide at least a tidbit
> of assistance. (I'm currently a printer driver/software developer
> using C and the Windows API...).

Hmm, well as long as you have added a handler for SIGTERM (that
ideally should set a "job canceled" flag and return), the filter
should be able to do any necessary cleanup and write any number of
messages to stderr (which should show up in the error_log file...)

It would help to know what version of CUPS you are using and what
Linux distro...