Signal handling and error_log messages

Bill Marr billm at tharo.com
Wed Mar 14 12:01:54 PDT 2007

Michael,

   I did a quick test on the rastertolabel.c source file. Near the end of the main() function, I replaced this code:

if (Canceled)
   break;

with this code:

if (Canceled)
{
   fputs("DEBUG: rastertolabel, main() - print job cancelled.\n", stderr);
   break;
}
else
{
   fputs("DEBUG: rastertolabel, main() - job not cancelled.\n", stderr);
}

and watching the error_log with:

   # > tail -f error_log | grep rastertolabel

and I get the same result. I see tons of the "... job not cancelled." messages, as expected while the job is printing, but when I cancel the job, I do not see the "... print job cancelled." message, as I would have expected. Maybe I have found a bug in the rastertolabel.c source, and I'm getting the same results with my filter since I based it on the rastertolabel.c source? Please let me know what you think about this, and in the meantime, I'll keep doing my research on signal handling. Maybe I'll discover the fix for it.  :)

   Thanks,

      Bill