[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2291: Automatic cancellation of held jobs after a configured duration

John A. Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Mar 15 07:02:55 PDT 2007

As a CUPS administrator, I'd like to be able to specify a maximum hold
duration for held jobs - in cupsd.conf. After this time, the jobs should
be cancelled. (In an ideal world, the user should be E-mailed to say that
this has happened.)

My desire for this is simply a consequence of my dislike for the
untidyness of loose ends. Users hold jobs and forget that they have done
so, so I have to enquire whether they still require that the job be held,
and cancel it if not, informing them that I have done so.

For my site, 24 hours is probably appropriate, but other sites might want
3 days, or 'indefinite' etc.

John A. Murdie

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2291
Version:  -feature