[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2302: ESP GS segfaults when using Gutenprint via the CUPS raster device

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 11:42:44 PDT 2007

This is, I hope, the last bug to be reported into the ESP GhostScript bug
tracker. Mike, I have seen you have closed all bugs here, as ESP
GhostScript is merging now into GPL GhostScript. As I do not know how far
the merger is done, I am not sure whether I can already report a bug
related to the "cups" device of GhostScript to
http://bugs.ghostscript.com/. Therefore I am reporting this bug here. Feel
free to move it to http://bugs.ghostscript.com/.

The excellent automatic crash reporter of Ubuntu Linux (Feisty) has caught
a segfault in ESP GhostScript 8.15.4 and generated a complete symbolic
traceback for it. See

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gs-esp/+bug/93891

The user is working on 32-bit PC and has an Epson Stylus CX3600 on USB.
Driver is the CUPS raster version of Gutenprint 5.0.0.99.1 (default driver
in Ubuntu). The job causing the failure was a .png image printed out of
Eye of Gnome.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2302
Version: 8.15-current