[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1650: Web Interface: Improvements to the SNMP autodiscovery

Alex Finch A.Finch at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 07:16:24 PDT 2007

I agree that the new feature is very neat and very annoying in equal
measure. It should be brought up on a separate page on request rather than
slowing down all connections to the admin page and hiding useful stuff off
the edges of the page. I turned it off completely with the following hack
to cgi-bin/admin.c around line 2552 in the current version.
 /* edited
     request = ippNewRequest(CUPS_GET_DEVICES);

    if ((response = cupsDoRequest(http, request, "/")) != NULL)
    next two lines added..
    */
    response=NULL;
    if(response != NULL)