New printer filter

Bill Marr billm at tharo.com
Mon May 14 13:24:23 PDT 2007

Mike,

   I have been trying to figure out how to get the new printer filter I mentioned about a month ago into the CUPS distribution, and I am still not sure what to do. I have reviewed the coding standards you referred me to earlier, and modified my source code accordingly. The only problem I have is with the Makefile now. I started and completed this project before I realized that you required coding standards, and used the GNU autotools during the entire process, but the coding standard docs say that the GNU automake cannot be used, so I'm not quite sure what to do next. Our tests here show that my package works properly, and that the printing works properly, but now I'm stumped on how to create the correct Makefile (the source file, rastertotpl.c, is currently fine). We would really like to get our printer driver included into the CUPS distribution, but I'm stuck on how to create a Makefile that is compatible with your coding standards. Please let me know what to do next if possible, and let me know if I can send you the package I have for your review for possible hints/help on what to do next.

   Thanks,

      Bill

P.S. my previous post to this forum was in April of this year - please see for more details/info...