[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2387: combination of number-up=2 and page-ranges=1-2 does not work

Stephan wefing at gmx.de
Fri May 18 09:43:47 PDT 2007

lpr -o page-ranges=1-2 test.ps

works as expected: only the first 2 pages out of 8 are printed.

lpr -o number-up=2 test.ps

works as well: all pages are printed with 2 logical pages per sheet of
paper. The effect of

lpr -o page-ranges=1-2 -o number-up=2 test.ps

however is identical to the second command, i.e., the complete file is
printed with 2 pages per sheet.

I am working on an up-to-date SuSE 10.2 x86 system, my printer is a
Kyocera Mita FS-1020D (manufacturer PPD file).

Comment on Scope: Actually, I did not check this on other machines.
So I don't know whether this phenomenon has a broader scope or not.