[cups.bugs] Howto Article #507

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 03:14:28 PST 2007

Franz, Kurt, what about putting up a HOWTO collection on OpenPrinting?
The OpenPrinting web site is a Wiki which everyone can edit after a
simple registration (and it has also a forum which works with the same
registration). You can easily add pages to it, like HOWTOs or other
articles concerning printing with Unix-style operating systems.

I will not delete any article, if it does not fit, I edit, move, or
relink it. Also everyone else is allowed to edit it and to contribute
(for example corrections, differences for other printer models, ...). If
someone breaks your article, the Wiki tracks all the editing history and
everyone can return it to the last healthy version. By adding HOWTOs you
will make OpenPrinting a kind of Wikipedia for printing with Unix-like OS.

Please tell me if you have special needs, like linking your article from
an printer or driver entry in the OpenPrinting database, adding a PPD
file or a driver to the database, attaching a file of a type which is
not yet allowed, modifying the main menu, making an announcement, ...

Content policy is simple: It should help users to get printing work as
they wish.

    Till