about poppler

Jonathan Smith smithj at freethemallocs.com
Thu Nov 15 04:31:30 PST 2007

> Franz Pfoertsch wrote:
> poppler is a fork of Xpdf focused on producing a common PDF rendering
> library.  It is functionally equivalent to Xpdf for PS output.
> [snip]
> That said, it is unlikely we'll make the switch to poppler any sooner
> than CUPS 1.4.

Any update here? xpdf has just suffered another slew of security problems, unfortunately.

If you guys need any manpower to get this done, I'd be happy to help in any way possible. I package cups for a linux distro and the time it would take to make cups use poppler would be well worth it going forward so I wouldn't have to backport xpdf fixes :)