[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2548: IPP backend performance issue

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Fri Oct 5 11:24:24 PDT 2007

Between each queued job there exists a 10 second pause when ipp is used.
Especially for very fast printers (label printers, etc.) this is a real
problem.

In our environment we sometimes queue about 300 jobs at once. The time
between the labels shouldn't be larger than 2 seconds.

The problem is caused by the 10-second polling loop in the ipp backend.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2548
Version: 1.3-current