[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2563: Man page for "cupsfilter" command needs improvements/corrections

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:05:01 PDT 2007

I have tried out the "cupsfilter" command in the hope to find a tool to
easily debug printer drivers (see also my feature request
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2562).

I think the man page (and the output of the call with "-h") should be
corrected/improved in the following points:

- "-m" option should be in square brackets, as without supplying the
option the tool still works (it defaults to PDF as output format).

- Tell that the default output format is PDF if "-m" is not supplied.

- Tell that doing the filter chain ending with the filter specified in the
PPD is not (yet) supported (as long as STR #2562 is not solved).

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2563
Version: 1.3-current