[cups.development] Pseudo duplex mode for several printers

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Oct 18 20:21:25 PDT 2007

Aurélien Croc wrote:
> So, i'm wondering how CUPS can help my driver by giving to it pages
> in this special order (and rotation) ?
> Is it a way to do that? Is it "impossible"?

CUPS doesn't offer a way to do this in a single job.  Part of the
reason for this is that we have no way of communicating where the
first set of pages ends to the driver.

Currently your best option is to setup a separate queue for manual
duplex which uses a modified version of the PPD file with a filter
for application/postscript that re-queues each half to the "real"
queue.