[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2565: bug in recto/verso mode HP dekjet 6840

moebius moebius20 at free.fr
Mon Oct 22 09:36:42 PDT 2007

Bonjour,

Well, I'm owning an HP Deskjet 6840 with a very useful recto/verso device
plugged at the rear of the printer.
But, when trying to print recto/verso a4 page, the verso is a little buggy
: a little part of the top (around 1 or 2 millimeters) is missing.
It's particulary boring when  printing reports with knoda (www.knoda.org),
where  every verso page shows first line of the rapport cuted horizontally.
So, I print in two passes, but it's not very simple with an HP printer and
his specific travel paper method.

 I run ubuntu feisty 7.04 on a x86 (pentium m) computer. Cups version is
1.2.8

the driver is foomatic/hpijs (recommended).

cordialement,