[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2574: Rename norwegian locale/translation

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Oct 29 08:28:45 PDT 2007

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Since no has been used for a lot longer than nb, is still used on the last
releases of commercial UNIXs, BSDs, and Linux's, and is used in many
existing multi-language PPD files, we can't (and won't) be making an
arbitrary change from "no" to "nb".

However, we *will* be adding a mapping from "nb" to "no" for
setlocale()-based environments in cupsLangGet() like we have already done
for Mac OS X so that users of the new locale name will get the correct
localization.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2574
Version: 1.4-current
Fix Version: Will Not Fix