[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2581: GSSAPI doesn't support multi-realm

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Oct 31 21:23:40 PDT 2007

William Yang wrote:

> Ah okay, the documentation was not very clear as to what it meant when
> it said multi-realm setups wouldn't work.  Could this be an RFE, then?

As far as I know, there is no way for us to support multiple realms
via GSSAPI.  If the KDC accepts credentials from another realm, then
the GSSAPI auth will succeed, otherwise there is no way for us to
know which realm to authenticate against (we don't get the realm
until we authenticate...)

> I'm not sure why my version of CUPS is "modified".

Because you said:

     CUPS was compiled to use the host keytab entry (instead of
     looking for an ipp service keytab entry; this is for purposes
     of convenience).