[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2499: Print a raw file to a file backend.

Luiz Losekann losekann at siriusnet.com.br
Sat Sep 1 06:22:52 PDT 2007

I want to apply a filter in a raw file, received from Windows network and
sent to a file backend. First I tried to configurate a "file printer"
using "lpadmin -p myprinter -i myfilter ( a exec file ) -v
file:/path/to/my/file" but CUPS denied to give a output of a raw file to a
file backend. In the second step, I created a stopped printer ( was not a
fine solution , but I had some hurry ) but the filter doesn't work until
the printer started - it isn't my goal, because a need to do some changes
in the raw file before to send to the final printing. Please, at least I
need a way to send a raw file to a file backend running a filter at the
same time to get file informations. How can I do this ? Best Regards, Luiz
Losekann

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2499
Version:  -feature