[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1764: Make handling of backend errors more configurable

Petrus Rossouw petrus_rossouw at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 16:29:11 PDT 2007

Hi,

I like the idea of being able to retry printing a job when there is a
problem instead of stopping the print queue or stopping the job, but the
current way how CUPS works causes printouts to get out of sequence, when I
set the error policy of the printer to retry.
It is absolutely crutial for us to be able to print jobs in the sequence
it was submitted to CUPS.

The only way currently for me to ensure the sequence is to set the error
policy to stop the printer when there is a problem.
This requires a lot of baby sitting of the queues as we don't control the
users and their printers.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1764
Version: -feature