[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2539: IOCNR_GET_DEVICE_ID ioctl isn't implemented for drivers/chap/lp.c

Dick Marinus dick at mrns.nl
Sat Sep 29 04:56:54 PDT 2007

I'm sorry to open a new bug request because I can't reply anymore in STR

I've searched drivers/char/lp.c in the linux kernel tree but I can't find
the implementation of the IOCNR_GET_DEVICE_ID ioctl.

If you look at the ioctl function in:
http://lxr.linux.no/source/drivers/char/lp.c#L560

You'll see only these ioctl's are handled: LPTIME LPCHAR LPABORT
LPABORTOPEN LPCAREFUL LPWAIT LPSETIRQ LPGETIRQ LPGETSTATUS LPRESET
LPGETSTATS LPGETFLAGS LPSETTIMEOUT

And as far as I can see IOCNR_GET_DEVICE_ID is only implemented in
drivers/usb/class/usblp.c,
http://lxr.linux.no/source/drivers/usb/class/usblp.c#L491

So I suppose IOCNR_GET_DEVICE_ID is an usblp feature only.

If IOCNR_GET_DEVICE_ID for parallel printers is implemented could you
please point me the location at:
http://lxr.linux.no/source/

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2539
Version: 1.2-current