[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2893: adding printer results in "unable to copy ppd file!"

Michael Gaber Michael.Gaber at gmx.net
Sun Aug 3 07:33:13 PDT 2008

i have a fresh install of gentoo and64 with cups 1.3.8 on my laptop.

when i try to add my HP CLJ 2605dn via the search new printers feature i
get to the point where i should choose make and model or submit an ppd.

if i select either of the two shown 2605 postscript drivers i get a screen
that only states "unable to copy ppd file!"

if i instead use the pdd directly from linuxprinting.org the printer
installs, but when i select the printer i have two (probably related
problems)

1. Marke und Modell: {printer_make_and_model}
which is just strange but might be a clue
2. when i select the settings for the printer i get a page only displaying
"wert fehlt" (i think "missing value" would be the original error message)