[RFE] STR #2873: more label formats in PPD ofDymo LabelPrint

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Thu Aug 7 05:33:51 PDT 2008

> --PART-BOUNDARY
>
> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, POST ANY RESPONSES TO THE LINK BELOW.
>
> [STR New]
>
> The PPD of Dymo LabelWriter (400 Turbo) is missing European/German standard
> labels.
>
> I expanded it at least for the 57x32mm labels that come with the device,
> see attached file.

Hello Konrad,

is the size 57x32mm a european/german standard?

I try to implement your need into the sample.drv but in my opinion
the size is only a bad translation of  the  inch format 2.25x1.25.
Please test this.

As far as I know all Labelsizes are in inch.

confusing for the users are the sizes in inches. nobody in germany
knows 2.25x1.25 inches is the same as 57x32mm ...

Mike is there a way to satisfy all users without creating different mediasize entries like:

#media "w162h90/Address - 57 x 32mm\"" 162 90
#media "w162h90/Address - 2.25x1.25\"" 162 90

regards
Franz