[cups.bugs] 2 Side (duplex) Printing HP Deskjet 990cxi/Mac OS 10.5

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Aug 7 12:34:31 PDT 2008

Victor Lipp wrote:
> I have had my HP Deskjet 990cxi printer for several years now and
> have found it to be a great printer which has always allowed me to
> duplex print (I believe that is what 2 side printing is called) and I
> have a PowerMac G4 running OS 10.5X.  All was just fine until
> recently when I downloaded new printer drivers from Apple/HP, then I
> found that I no longer can duplex print.

That is definitely a regression.  Despite what you may have heard
from HP or AppleCare, this is definitely a regression bug in the
HP driver update and should be fixed.  Certainly HP's open source
drivers (HPLIP) for the 990C on Linux does not have this problem,
and CUPS is used there as well...

Try submitting a bug report to Apple via the web page:

     http://bugreport.apple.com