What API to separate DEVICE_URI?

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:05:45 PDT 2008

Hi Michael,

I got an URI: mdns://PrinterName._pdl-datastream._tcp.local./?bidi

I need to convert the uri to name, type, domain.
I expect name=PrinterName, type=_pdl-datastream._tcp and domain=local.

httpSeparateURI could only split method, username, host name and resource, and the host name is combined with type and domain.

Cocoa NSString API componentsSeparatedByString can do this but it will aslo split _pdl-datastream._tcp into two parts, this is not what I want.

Is there correct CUPS API specific to my requirements? I thinks its a frequent used function.

Thanks
Keene