how to register my custom filter with cups?

jayacharan.rampog jayacharan.rampog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:10:24 PST 2008

> > > In your DRV file add this line:
> > > Filter application/vnd.cups-raster 100 /Library/Printers/vendor/filter/rastertoprinter
> >

> > but i  didn't find any directory which is like /lib/printers. though should i write like that in my .drv file.
>
> What OS are you using? /Library/Printers is for Mac OSX.
> So I guess you are linux guy.
> You may copy your filter to /usr/libexec/cups/filter/rastertoprinter
>
> In your DRV:
> Filter application/vnd.cups-raster 100 /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoprinter
>
> Good luck.
 thanks for responding!

 see my system is FEDORA 7,2.6 kernel. CUPS-1.3.9,CUPSDDK-1.2.3,that i have installed and i generated ppd file it's in ppd directory,when i am adding my printer: with cups page or add printer page,in that page i'm programmer i can provide ppd file,but end user can't do no?

 so in cups page(add printer),or normal add printer page i have to get my manufacturer name,so that it's easy to add printer.

thanking you.