[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2928: cupsaddsmb: Provide a way to specify the "Long Printer Name"

Niconux hahnn at x-itools.com
Sun Dec 21 06:53:25 PST 2008

I have modified version 1.3.9 to provide a way to define the driver name
when using cupsaddsmb command.
The files I have modified are:
cups/adminutil.h
cups/adminutil.c
cups/libcups.exp
systemv/cupsaddsmb.c

the modifications consisted in adding a new flag to the cupsaddsmb
command: -m "driver name"

According my tests, it is running fine.
But it must be clear that this is an unofficial modification (I'm not a
CUPS official developper) and maybe CUPS devel team already plan to
implement this feature via another way than what I did.

For now, I haven't published my modifications to anybody. But if you are
interested, you can directly request me (hahnn at x-itools.com) the modified
files in order to recompile your cups 1.3.9 version.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2928
Version:  -feature