Collate breaks multiple copies on solaris x86

shilpi shilpidce at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 22:24:14 PST 2008

> shilpi wrote:
> > What if the PPD doesn't contain the Collate option but the printer
> > supports hardware copy collation, then is it possible to print
> > collated copies ?
>
> If we don't see a Collate option, then we collate in software...
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

I tried with a PPD file containing Collate option also, but again the same results. However, if with the same PPD file and same printer, I run the above mentioned command through Ubuntu or sparc solaris, its working fine.

What about this case, when PPD also has collate and printer also supports collate ?

-Shilpi