[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2709: IPP over HTTPS - documentation needed (e.g. how to install CA cert)

Andreas K. Huettel mail at akhuettel.de
Mon Feb 18 09:17:41 PST 2008

At our university all printers are accessible via IPP over HTTPS. The
officially recommended way (1) to configure this is to symlink the ipp
backend as https.

However, recently I cannot print. Symptoms include that the backend
complains "IPP/1.1 not supported, trying 1.0" and later fails.
Testing with the gnutls command line client, I see that the server
certificate is not considered valid. I suspect this is the problem.

After 2 hours google search I cannot come up with a way to add a trusted
CA for the CUPS backend (which would solve this particular problem).
(2)

I think this is missing in the docs (and easy to add for those who
know)...

TIA!

(1)
http://www.tudelft.nl/live/binaries/b3d1caf2-5f01-4e50-93a4-bc3d14e7f8c5/doc/Use%20webprint%20with%20Mac%20OS%20X.pdf

(2)
System is a newly-installed and up-to-date Gentoo Linux x86.