cups cupsBackChannelRead & port monitor

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Feb 22 08:52:22 PST 2008

velupillai wrote:
> Everything is working correctly when the LogLevel declared in cupsd.conf is Debug2
>
> In the other cases (Loglevel= Debug, info, ...)
> cups terminates (crashes ?) each time a print request is done (print Test Page for exemple).
> The job seems to be stored
> When I restart Cups service the test page is well printed.
>
> The next print request give the same result.
>
> What do you think about ?
> Do you know this problem ?

This problem has never been reported.  I would first test using the
current stable release of CUPS (1.3.6) compiled with debugging enabled
(./configure --enable-debug) - if cupsd continues to crash, run it in
gdb (as root) with:

     gdb /usr/sbin/cupsd
     run -f
     where

and then post the backtrace information here.