[RFE] STR #2644: Sharing should not bedisabled automatically for remote printers

rahulmode move2rahul at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jan 6 21:51:16 PST 2008

> [STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>
> Sharing of remote queues introduces a lot of issues when you get past the
> simple "pass-through" type of queue. If you really do want to provide a
> pass-through to another printer, use classes instead or
> "http://foo:631/printers/bar" to bypass the remote printer check.
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2644
> Version:  -feature
> Fix Version: Will Not Fix

Replying to my own query ...
( just my experience and not expert's suggestions:) )

To attach cups in gdb, in case of above probs, try this..
1> stop the running cupsd.
2> go to the source code from where u configured and installd cupsd
3> there  at /scheduler/ find a executable file CUPSD. Run this file
4> Now try attaching the CUPSD to gdb..
    Hope it works ...