[cups.bugs] Printer URI getting corrupted

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Jan 18 07:30:17 PST 2008

Joe Julian wrote:
> I have a client with over 100 printers configured. Once every couple of days, one of the DeviceURI's gets changed. It's commonly some text notification, but not always the same text. This URI gets written to printers.conf as well.
>
> I'm not really sure what the next step should be to diagnose where this change is coming from.

Well, for us to help we'll at least need to know what version of
CUPS you are using, what operating system/linux distribution you are
using, and *how* you've configured the client.  It may also be useful
to know what software you are using on the client and where you are
seeing this text notification.