[LOW] STR #1593: CUPS 1.2-rc2 not working with Java(ok with 1.1.23)

SteveP cups.bugs at adderbury.net
Mon Jan 28 04:40:08 PST 2008

I encountered a similar problem using iReport and also some custom Java, where CUPS stopped returning the list of printers.
If I restarted CUPS, then the list was reported for 1 minute, until there was a timeout connecting to a samba printer on a Windows box.
After this, only the default printer was listed.
Java uses http call to CUPS to find list of printers in the call PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices.

Solution was to remove the queues which weren't needed anymore !

Could this issue relate to str#2667 ?