How to show a message box from the filter

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Jul 4 09:21:10 PDT 2008

keens312 wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I see, so filter show never display any GUI message or dialog on screen. and we should use status message instead.
>
> There is another question. Can status message support multi-language? Is the strings used in my filter can be localized?

Certainly, filters use the LANG or (on Mac OS X) APPLE_LANGUAGE
environment variables to pick the correct locale/language identifier
for localization.  On Mac OS X, filters can be bundled and multiple
filters/port monitors/backends/driver interfaces/PDEs can be in the
same bundle - use symlinks for port monitors, backends, and
driver interfaces that point to the bundled executable.