How to show a message box from the filter

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 04:49:15 PDT 2008

> keens312 wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > I see, so filter show never display any GUI message or dialog on screen. and we should use status message instead.
> >
> > There is another question. Can status message support multi-language? Is the strings used in my filter can be localized?
>
> Certainly, filters use the LANG or (on Mac OS X) APPLE_LANGUAGE
> environment variables to pick the correct locale/language identifier
> for localization.  On Mac OS X, filters can be bundled and multiple
> filters/port monitors/backends/driver interfaces/PDEs can be in the
> same bundle - use symlinks for port monitors, backends, and
> driver interfaces that point to the bundled executable.
>
> --
Hi Michael,

Thanks for showing me the way out.

But I don't know how to make the first step.

Is there any sample filter that supports multi-lang? so I may study from it.

At present my filter driver is created with command line utility template of Xcode. I don't know how to add multi-lang support for this kind of project.

Thanks
Keene