Resolution defination in DRV file

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 22:24:54 PDT 2008

> hi Michael,
>
> I have an issue on Mac OSX.
>
> The monochrone laserjet printer is required to support four resolutions:
> 1. 400 x 600 x 1
> 2. 600 x 600 x 1
> 3. 600 x 600 x 2
> 4. 1200 x 1200 x 1
>
> So, to implement this, I need to add lines in Drv file to specify this, and filter driver will the user selected resolution for printing.
>
> The issue is that only 600 x 600 x 1 can work properly.
> For all the other resolutions, the top-left point shift to left about width/2 pixils, which means printed out of paper (on the left).
>
> I have totally now clue about this issue. Something wrong in Drv file or filter program?
>
> Could you please help to show me the code snippet for the four resolutions in the DRV file?
>
> Thanks
> Keene

Hi Michael, is this correct?

*Choice "Res400/Res 400" "<</HWResolution[400 600]/cupsBitsPerColor 8/cupsColorSpace 0/cupsCompression 2>>setpagedevice"
Choice "Res600/Res 600" "<</HWResolution[600 600]/cupsBitsPerColor 8/cupsColorSpace 0/cupsCompression 3>>setpagedevice"
Choice "Res1200/Res 1200" "<</HWResolution[1200 1200]/cupsBitsPerColor 8/cupsColorSpace 0/cupsCompression 3>>setpagedevice"

Thanks
Keene