[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #2850: Landscape PDF prints incorrectly with orientation-requested=4

twaugh.redhat twaugh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 05:33:03 PDT 2008

I have an A4 landscape PDF creating using OpenOffice.org 2.3.0.  When I try
printing this to a Fedora 9 CUPS queue, the output is incorrect: it looks
like the page has been rotated again, making it portrait but cropping the
right-hand side of the original landscape page.

I printed it like this:

lp -oorientation-requested=4 landscape.pdf

Representation of original PDF:
+------+
|ABCDEF|
|ABCDEF|
+------+

Representation of printed page:
+---+
|ABC|
|ABC|
|   |
+---+

(in fact the output looks stretched horizontally as well)

Printing the same document without 'orientation-requested=4' gives the
correct (expected) output.