[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2847: Cancelling of job via http://localhost:631 does not interrupt printing. Even switching printer on/off doesn't help

Wojtek Zabolotny wzab at ise.pw.edu.pl
Wed Jun 4 09:54:29 PDT 2008

When I cancel the print job via http://localhost:631 interface on my Debian
GNU/Linux system, I can see, that data are still transmitted to the
printer. It is not the problem with the internal printer cache, because
even multiple switching the printer on/off doesn't help.

When I investigated the processes running with the "#ps uxa" I could see
the following process still alive:

lp        6288  0.2  0.9  30544 19180 ?        S    21:02   0:00 gs
-sstdout=%stderr -dBATCH -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=hl1250
-dEconoMode=0 -dSourceTray=0 -sOutputFile=%stdout -_

So it seems, that cups doesn't kill the processes run by the lpd to send
the data to the printer...

The configuration of my printer in /etc/printers.conf is as follows:
<Printer hl1430>
Info hl1430
DeviceURI parallel:/dev/lp0
State Idle